A WILD CRUISE THROUGH ALL THE MEDIA THAT I CAN GET MY HANDS ON & THEN SOME.


Friday, January 18, 2008

a-MUSE-ing



Tonite touched me deeply as I heard Jennifer Higdon, the reknowned composer living in Philly, talk about her desire to write a piece for violin, chorus and orchestra. She lacked a muse. As she wandered the hallowed halls of Curtis Institute, she met up with poet Jeanne Minahan. Her words inspired the music for The Singing Rooms. The music as played by the Philadelphia Orchestra, The Philadelphia Singers and violinist Jennifer Koh inspired me as I listened. Minahan's first poem, Three Windows: Two Versions of the Day enveloped me as the words were sung (it's copyrighted so you'd better go buy her book of poems or the music to actually feel the mood!) and I relaxed into listening.

Just then the image of one of my paintings popped into my head: A WRINKLE IN TIME (oil on canvas). The huge painting of my husband and his much older father sharing the same space in a way they never had in real life.

The connections continue as one muse bumps into another.

8 comments:

Karen Cole said...

Well, you certainly jumped right on in....and the water is FINE!!!

Whoa girlfriend...you da bomb.

This looks amazing.

Now you have to show ME how you made your banner.

Start cruising. You are most certainly ready, my friend.

paula l. mandel said...

You are the bestest teacher I could ever have. Clear, concise and gracious. I am SO grateful to you for all your love and attention. You the best!

paula l. mandel said...

OK, so I thought I was sending YOU a message and I sent it to me. Guess there's still more to learn!

Judy said...

Hi Paula,
Welcome to blog land!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog - much appreciated. glad you like my art - will try and get your email from Karen - what a good little teacher she is.
xo

Shirley said...

The blog is lovely, P., and most interesting. Even though I had all the info, it's presented beautifully.

Love, Mom

Gilala said...

Very nice arts. Ilove it.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Shirley said...

I finally found Petunia's comment. I don't know how it got onto my email. Mom